Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Experiments in footwear

I'm wearing flats today, so if my postings seem a bit off kilter, please bear with me. Hurricane Ophelia's acting a lot more like Hamlet than her namesake, to-ing and fro-ing off the coast of North Carolina like the Prince of Denmark through the halls of Elsinore. Perhaps her winds will be laden with rosemary and pansies, fennel and columbines ... but that seems unlikely. Roberts is clearly a smarty pants, although a friend of the ECGuy described him as 'Scalia with a smile,' which is troubling to say the least.

There's an article in the NYT Dining & Wine section today on the culinary delights of Iceland that I know will interest the Blue Fairy (mmm, fermented shark), and possible Trivial Kate as well.

3 Comments:

  • Awesome! I've wanted to visit Iceland for many a year (it's in my "top 5 places I haven't been" list)... the lamb sounds great, but I have to admit I'd be interested in trying smoked puffin too.

    I'd prefer to eat it in Iceland rather than the US though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

  • Ooh, yes, that article was great. Colin, I'm not sure if I want to take food recommendations from you (balut, anyone???), but I do agree with you about the lamb.

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 5:07 AM  

  • Hey - I don't recommend that anyone else eat balut! There's a big difference between the stupid stuff that I'm willing to try and what I would actually recommend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home