Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Consider this

60 Minutes had a piece tonight on Kenneth Feinburg, the man with the thankless task of determining the value of each life lost on September 11, 2001.
Morley Safer: "Has it changed the way you look at the rest of your life?"

Feinberg: "Yes. It has. I'm much more fatalistic. I don't think I'll ever plan more than two weeks out. These people left that morning. It was a sunny day. They said perfunctory goodbyes after breakfast. And they never came back.

I don't plan to live my life this way, exactly, but it's worth halving the difference between/ this could be the last day of your life/ and /it could never happen to me/. I've definitely made sure this year that the people I love know that I love them, so that's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home