Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Shuesday - are you kidding me?


OK, hypothesize that I have $900 to spend on a pair of shoes. Am I really going to buy them at J. Crew? When I could buy two pairs of Manolos for the same price? I'm not sure exactly what the Crewsters are thinking these days, but between the $500 coats, $650 jackets, $425 mink scarves and $1800 'Limited Edition Lillian duchesse satin gowns', saying they've lost touch with their base is the understatement of the season.

I know, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • One of the reasons J Crew is making such expensive clothing is publicity, which you've just helped to supply. Another is to create artificial demand, as some fool will always buy something if its scarce. These aren't aimed at the base.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home