Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, February 11, 2005

That's Miss Goddess to you.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The Philadelphia Story's Tracy Lord is a fascinating character, not just to her on-screen suitors, but in and of herself. Rapidfire (spitfire) speeches, schussing down the fall lines on the fresh powdered slopes of her life on the family compound, righteous, resolute and refractory as hell.

It occurs to me that I don't recall any Tracy Lord/Teresa Heinz comparisons last year, and I wonder why not. Anyone?

I've never been a fan of the Taming of the Shrew-eqsue storyline - too easy for men to fall into the pattern of thinking that women are theirs for the changing and too easy for women to succumb and self-censure themselves "into the mold he made for her". But it's written in Aaron Sorkin-ese, and Katharine is so lovely, I'll overlook the politics for the sake of the art ... just this once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home