Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back to School ...


Geometry and History it's just a pain
Biology and Chemistry destroys my brain
don't they know that I deserve a better fate
I'm really much too young to matriculate

This fall, more than any in recent history, the dog days of August rushed into frenzied first weeks of September. And it's not just me and my new job.

East Coast Guy is teaching at Columbia, The Scot started med school, and moved, and Tabula Rasa came back East to school. The Pastry Chef is full time at Gotham, Perennial Student went from Brown to Ann Arbor, and The Vintner is working at City Winery, just in time for harvest. The Lead Singer is turning out coters for Obama in Tampa (and I am the Perfect Amount of Sad missing her), The Republican and his lovely wife are expecting, and the Actor is wearing spandex in an un-airconditioned warehouse in Shanghai (it's for the children!). Various friends are moving, or have moved, from NYC to Boston, Miami and Atlanta, from the outskirts of Toronto to Princeton. And I'm sure there's more.

Between work and what I'm calling the consolidation of my NY friend base, there's been an event on my calendar every night, and I've had two, two-brunch weekends in a row. This is the life. Now, if I'd just go to bed at a reasonable hour ...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Trivial Kate's wrapping up her schoolin' too! And moved, though not out of town. =)

    By Blogger Rainster, at 3:39 PM  

  • And apparently just completed her first triathalon? Go TK!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home