Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, August 10, 2008

One thousand posts


It came to my attention in the last week that my thousandth post was immiment.

Begun Wednesday, July 28th (with a ridiculous six posts on Day 1), the FGB was instigated by a colleague and friend, in the run up to the 2004 elections. It featured fashion commentary, cocktail recipes, Olympics coverage, thoughts on the election, and so on.

Since that time, I've significantly altered my personal life, moved twice (downsizing dramatically), given my cat to foster parents in British Columbia, changed jobs twice, visited nine states in the union, embraced the role of road warrior, and almost entirely replaced my wardrobe. (I'm just saying.) And I think the posts have reflected these changes, along with my evolving taste and perspective.

In that time, we've lost Ann Bancroft, Julia Child, Nan Kempner, John Spencer, Betty Friedan, Brooke Astor, Madeline L'Engle, Pavarotti, Oscar Peterson, Benazir Bhutto, Dith Pran, Anthony Minghella, Robert Mondavi, Sydney Pollack, Yves Saint Laurent, and Tim Russert, and many others.

There have been multi-part pre-Valentine's Day postings, a post-2004 election absence, Places You'll Go (and we expect that one to get /really/ good in the next 6-8 months), Requisite Celebrity Sightings, and, of course, Shuesday.

I hope you're having as much fun as I am. Thanks for dropping by.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Congrats. And what a busy life you lead!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 11:22 AM  

  • It's been a busy few years - am cautiously optimistic things will settle down a bit now ...

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home