Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A little less conversation ...

Things have been busy this week, but here are some high, and low lights.

  • I walked the sweetest Rottweiler ever, and a little Jack Russell who was all id, around the Prospect Park lake at 7:30 in the morning. I loved it! Maybe I do want a puppy. Hmm. Maybe I should start with an apartment.
  • I was served a cold Americano. How is that even possible? New Year's resolution, try French pastry shop near office in ongoing search for good coffee in NYC. Or Google - surely someone has resolved this issue.
  • I called a car service to take me from Bay Ridge to another part of Brooklyn for a house-sit interview. The 40-something, Brooklyn born & raised driver was a little overly friendly, but nothing I couldn't handle at 7:15 a.m. Then, the same guy took me to the airport Friday morning. And, in the course of conversation about my fellow Canadians living south of the border, he managed to object to Canada's taking in US draft dodgers during the Vietnam War, claim that Peter Jennings delivered a skewed version of the news, in comparison to Fox (where they tell it like it is), and use the "N-word" twice within 5 minutes, in reference to OJ Simpson (no idea how we got onto that topic) whom he'd once driven somewhere. I don't think I've ever heard that word used in person, and of course we were still 15 minutes from JFK. Needless to say the conversation, such as it was, screeched to a halt, and we will NOT be calling that car service in future.
  • I finally wore my winter boots for the first time all year - it was just a little windy, and that did the trick. It was also the first time I've been out of heels in three weeks. Ahem.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Maybe it was the same driver from Utah, who claimed the "Orientals" were the majority in Salt Lake City. (In front of two half-Asians who know their Census stats...)

    And a puppy should definitely be considered for the list of things to acquire after an apartment!

    Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Rainster, at 12:09 PM  

  • Puppypuppypuppypuppypuppy.

    PUPPY!

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 3:11 PM  

  • I have an idea - why don't you and Nate come to visit in February and YOU can walk the puppies ...

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home