Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I (too) have something to say

Oh ... Mi ... God (In the key of Janice ...)
(amazing it took me this long to get in a Friends reference. Not that I was their biggest fan, just that I've retained a phrase or two)
All I have to say is that Cate Edwards looked like a bridesmaid tonight. Why a bridesmaid, you ask? Why, because I wore the SAME top with a long skirt in lake raw silk at a wedding in 2002. Maybe she needs some sit-down time with Vanessa Kerry. Who doesn't need to see another Pretty Woman shopping scene?

OOH! Excitement!
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/29/politics/campaign/29daughters.html
"...these ambitious young women ...bristle at the "babe battle'' shaping up between the Kerry children and the Bush twins, who were featured in strapless couture in Vogue this month."

Wait for it ...

"Alexandra and Vanessa Kerry will appear in the September issue."
A Vogue-off, a Vogue-off! I don't think I've EVER been so full of anticipation .. well, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea! Anna Wintour and Andre Leon Talley must be salivating as they rub their exquisitely moisturized hands together. (Creme de la Mer eye cream, anyone?)
Oops: "Now, they are often frustrated by false rumors about whom they are dating and excess attention to what they wear, struggling to maintain a modicum of privacy while simultaneously trying to gain maximum attention for the cause."
Damn. I bet posing for Vogue will help with that excess attention.
"With a pen stuck in her blond ponytail and gold hoop earrings the size of bracelets, Ms. Kerry said one hard lesson had been that her dry sarcastic sense of humor did not translate well in print. That joke about wanting her Secret Service nickname to be "the hot one" did nothing to dispel discussion about her appearance."
Have to wonder if the reporters would comment on the size of Chris Heinz's cuff links.
And as for the Bush twins, "(The twins wear Italian and American labels but no French.)"
I'm glad we all know they're avoiding the WOMB of couture. I'd love to hear Teresa on that issue, not that it's one she should spend ANY time/energy on. That's why I'm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home